This team member will assist a Project Engineer and/or Project Manager in the execution of transportation, site development, and utility infrastructure projects. Strong intrapersonal relationship skills are required along with a strong desire to succeed and grow their career in northeast Kansas.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications for quality assurance during the construction.
- Develop construction documents for transportation, utility, and site development projects
- Coordinate project tasks with surveyors, engineers, and engineering technicians
- Develop and enhance strong personal relationships with clients, contractors, and city staff and government officials
- Perform design calculations in accordance with local, state, and federal guidelines
- Develop relationships with utility companies and coordinate utility relocation work
- Develop proficiency working within AutoCAD
- Perform quantity take-offs and develop cost estimates
- Perform quality control reviews, both on self-work and work performed by others
- Identify opportunities to improve work-flow and efficiencies within the company
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from ABET accredited college
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (F.E.) exam
- AutoCAD experience preferred but not required
- 0-4 year’s civil engineering and/or site development experience