Year completed: 2015
Location: Topeka, KS
This USD 345 School District site improvements project was funded through the passage of a $53 Million bond referendum in 2013. The district made substantial improvements to three elementary buildings that received large additions to the existing facilities, a new freestanding middle school, a re-purposed middle school to an elementary building, concrete pavement to the bus/maintenance facility, a new asphalt track and new artificial field turf for the multipurpose field. In addition to the new construction, site improvements included expansion of sewage lagoons and providing stormwater detention. Civil engineering support included site development plans comprising of site geometrics, grading, stormwater management, utilities and erosion control for each project site. Surveying support included boundary survey, topographic survey, and construction staking for each project site. All projects were completed in 2015.
- Additions to 3 Elementary buildings with extensive site improvements to address parking and access.
- New Middle School and associated parking
- New bus lane and facility pavement.
- New artificial turf football field and track.
- Expansion of sewage lagoons with one new cell.